Procrastination, Health, and Well-Being
书籍英文名：Procrastination, Health, and Well-Being
书籍作者：Fuschia M Sirois, Timothy A Pychyl
书籍简介：Research on procrastination has grown exponentially in recent years. Studies have revealed that procrastination is an issue of self-regulation failure, and specifically misregulation of emotional states―not simply a time management problem as often presumed. This maladaptive coping strategy is a risk factor not only for poor mental health, but also poor physical health and other aspects of well-being. Procrastination, Health, and Well-Being brings together new and established researchers and theorists who make important connections between procrastination and health.
The first section of the book provides an overview of current conceptualizations and philosophical issues in understanding how procrastination relates to health and well-being including a critical discussion of the assumptions and rationalizations that are inherent to procrastination. The next section of the book focuses on current theory and research highlighting the issues and implications of procrastination for physical health and health behaviors, while the third section presents current perspectives on the interrelationships between procrastination and psychological well-being. The volume concludes with an overview of potential areas for future research in the growing field of procrastination, health, and well-being.
- Reviews interdisciplinary research on procrastination
- Conceptualizes procrastination as an issue of self-regulation and maladaptive coping, not time management
- Identifies the public and private health implications of procrastination
- Explores the guilt and shame that often accompany procrastination
- Discusses temporal views of the stress and chronic health conditions associated with procrastination